A.U.K. Alumni Mentoring Program
SHARE YOUR STORY, SUPPORT AND INSPIRE!
The A.U.K. Alumni Mentoring Program brings together students and alumni in purposeful and mutually rewarding relationships. True mentoring is much more than just answering occasional questions, it’s an ongoing relationship of learning, dialogue and challenge. This form of experiential learning can be very powerful and inspirational to students or recent graduates.
The A.U.K. students have access to an amazing network of alumni who are eager to share their wisdom and advice about courses, career development and life beyond A.U.K. through the Mentoring program established by the A.U.K. Alumni Association.
As a Mentor you can assist students with information and tips on topics such as:
- Academic Support (course selection, study skills, exam preparation, additional course lecturing in your area of expertise)
- Career Advice (job shadowing, resume critiques, interviewing tips, general career guidance, giving student an internship position at your work institution, guiding student to participate in a research activity, help in job search process)
- Personal Development (tell your story, networking, hobbies, cultural/ethnic sensitivity)
A mentor does not have to come to A.U.K. to mentor a student. Mentoring sessions can take place at anytime, any venue, or take place remotely in accordance with student and mentor’s convenience.
To join and add on your profile to the network of Alumni Mentors please fill in and submit this application to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then pair you with a student.
The pairing process:
- A list of Alumni Mentors is posted on the Alumni Association Website.
- Interested students or recent graduates send a request to the A.U.K. Alumni Association (using the Mentee Request form available on the Alumni website). The mentors will be selected on first come, first served basis.
- The mentor receives an e-mail with the request and the Mentee form, and can choose to accept or reject the student mentee.
- The student will receive ae-mail with mentor’s decision.
- If accepted, we encourage the student to make first contact.
- If declined, the student can search for another mentor and make a request.
- Students can only request one mentor at a time. It is very important thus for alumni to respond to the request within one week. If there is no response to the request, the student can cancel the request and search for another mentor.
- A mentee is paired with a mentor and meetings are scheduled directly.